Thursday, October 6, 2011

Put It In The Bank

Yo,
        2nd classic idea from Dan Young. What up Army Wrestling.
    
               My high school coach (my brother JT) during my junior year of high school, smoked me day in and day out. But he also built me up and wrote me notes that I could dwell on about success and confidence. One of the greatest things he ever said and then later wrote me had to do with the work I put into my goals and how these goals were attainable.

             After every workout he would make me stay and do extra work (always the last to leave) and he would say
 “Put that one in the bank baby”.
        
         The bank he defined as my mental bank that measured how much better I was getting compared to my opponents. The bank of work that paid off the debts of my goals. He gave me a note the week or two before the state tournament about how attainable my goals were; that I had done the work, put in the time and that my goals were placed in this golden box.

            This golden box was mine for the taking and that I was going to the tournament solely to collect my trophy. Every workout you do needs to have a purpose, put that work in your mental bank that gives you the edge on your opponents. The edge of confidence that you know you are it, you are the man; you have already done the work, all you gotta do now is COLLECT THAT TROPHY.


         If you aren't training harder than your opponent, your LOSING.

      Don't make excuses about how little time you have to workout. Don't let yourself fall in the phrasology of "I'll just do it tomorrow". Come Early, Leave Late. 


Here's a little swagged out track. Get pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment